Anacrusis Ltd is based in the Invercargill CBD, and are IT consultants and value-added resellers with a particular focus on accounting and business software – we pride ourselves on being able to bridge the gap between clients and their accountants. We also work extensively with small business networks, with cloud and hosted solutions being an increasing part of our business. Our partnerships include Accredo, Crystal Payroll, MYOB, Xero, Microsoft (including Surface), Netgear, WatchGuard, HP and Hewlett-Packard Enterprise.
Due to some unexpected changes we are looking for a new team member. This role is primarily client support and development, but includes some office administration tasks.
Ideally we are looking for someone with:
- An understanding of basic accounting and book-keeping concepts such as double entry book keeping, an understanding of general journals and ledger, as well things like day to day debtors, creditors and cashbook processing. We don’t expect an accountant – already have one of those – but you’ll need the basics.
- Some experience with accounting software at the small to medium business level – preferably both small/entry systems like Xero or MYOB, and mid-market systems like Accredo, Attache or MYOB Exo.
- An understanding of payroll in a New Zealand business. Again, we don’t need an HR expert, but if you have processed payroll it will be a huge advantage.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Office – especially Excel. Exposure to PowerBI would be an advantage.
- If you understand job costing – preferably from working in a trade or other organisation that bills based on time and materials – it would be helpful. We work with a lot of clients who rely on their job costing.
The role will be developed around your skills and where you want your career to head, but would likely involve:
- Helping clients with their business and payroll software – we work primarily with Accredo, Xero and MYOB AccountRight for accounting, Crystal Payroll and MYOB IMS for payroll. We also support add-ons such as Tradie on the Move, Figured and Expensify.
- Development of our Xero small-business portfolio. You will become our main contact for small business systems Xero and MYOB.
- Assisting our clients to get information out of their systems through reporting, including Excel and PowerBI.
- Basic IT support where required – things like loading software onto laptops, looking into basic issues.
- Basic internal administration – so bank reconciliations, creditor invoice entry, filing, following up quotes and the like.
We are looking for someone for around 25 to 30 hours per week initially, although the role could increase as work increases. Our intention is for a three month initial trial, during which you’ll likely spend a lot of time training. After the trial we will help you become an Accredo Qualified Support Partner.
Anacrusis will provide all the tools you need for this role – work laptop, iPhone, remote access to our systems, and flexibility to work from home once you’re up and running. You need to be able to legally work in New Zealand full-time, have excellent written and oral English communication skills, and have a full New Zealand drivers’ license. You may occasionally be called on to use your own vehicle, but if so we will reimburse mileage costs.
Anacrusis Limited shares office space with Donaldson Chartered Accountants and Hewat Galt Lawyers, so we have a vibrant and interesting group of people and periodic social events.
If you’re interested, please send your CV along with a covering letter outlining relevant experience and where you’d like your career to head to:
PO Box 1388